Professor MSO, ph.d., dr.med.
Post: Øster Farimagsgade 5, postboks 2099, 1014 København K, Visit: Gothersgade 160, 3. sal, 1123 København K
- Contributes substantially, internationally, to research in reproductive health with a special focus on infertility, assisted reproduction, family formation and prevention of infertility
- Developed and implemented questionnaire-based infertility-specific measurement scales for stress, coping, and communication. The instruments have been translated and used in more than 20 countries throughout the world
- Established in 2000 an international, inter-disciplinary research group involving 15-20 researchers from Denmark, Estonia, Israel, Portugal, Sweden, UK, USA; The Copenhagen Multi-centre Psychosocial Infertility (COMPI) Research Group
- Combines quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Contributes substantially to the development and running of pre- and postgraduate educations at the Faculty of Health, University of Copenhagen
- Participates substantially in the public health debate within reproductive health policy
Academic education and degrees
Doctor of Medical Sciences (DMSci), University of Copenhagen
Thesis: Infertility and assisted reproduction in Denmark. Epidemiology and psychosocial consequences.
PhD in Medicine, University of Copenhagen
Thesis: Psychosocial consequences of infertility and treatment.
Medical Doctor, University of Copenhagen
2017 - Professor wsr, University of Copenhagen, department of Public Health
2000 - 2017
Associate Professor, University of Copenhagen, Department of Public Health
Qualified for a professorship in psychosocial medicine, University of Copenhagen
1997 - 1999
Assistant Professor in Health Services Research, University of Copenhagen, Department of Public Health
1996 - 1997
Vice Deputy Program Director, University of Copenhagen, Master of Public Health
1992 - 1995
PhD-student, University of Copenhagen, Department of Social Medicine
1986 - 1991
Internship and registrar in obstetrics and gynaecology, internal medicine, and surgery.
The Council on Health and Disease Prevention, Member of Working Group on Prevention of Infertility
Coordination for Gender Research, Steering Committee, University of Copenhagen
WHO, Steering Committee for Guidelines and Nomenclature for infertility investigation and treatment
Danish Fertility Society, Member of Fertility Awareness Working Group,
2008 – 2011
European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), Member of Task Force on Reproduction and Society